Phillip Greenham LLB, BSc is renowned across the industry as one of Australia’s preeminent construction lawyers. He is recognized as a ‘Most Highly Regarded Individual’ in the Asia-Pacific region and ‘Global Elite Thought Leader’ by industry publication Who’s Who Legal.
One of just five Australians invited to join the International Academy of Construction Lawyers, he is also a Senior Fellow and long-time Guest Lecturer at the University of Melbourne.
Alongside his 27 years at Minter Ellison, Phillip has served as:
- A founding board member of the Society of Construction Law Australia
- A long-time member of the International Construction Projects Committee of the International Bar Association
- A long time-member of the Building Dispute Practitioners Society.
His advice on every aspect of the construction industry has benefited a diverse client base. These have included specialist assignments with government departments, such as a six-month secondment to the General Counsel Division of the Defence Materiel Organisation.
Greenham has also advised many of Australia’s largest private sector corporations, including Coles Myer, Colonial First State, and Grocon.
He handles the full range of contract types, including:
- Traditional Construct Only
- Design and Construct
- Managing Contractor (MC)
- Alliancing Contracts
- Early Contractor Involvement (ECI)
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Standards Australia Contract Suite
- GC21 Suite
- ABIC Suite
- JCC Suite
- FIDIC Suite
- Commonwealth Department of Defence Suite
Drawing on decades of experience, Phillip delivers support and advice from project inception through to final contract implementation and beyond by identifying cost-effective solutions to business issues and providing guidance on risk mitigation with an ROI emphasis.